TITLE: Riviera Firefly talks with Tina Silver – serial mumpreneur with businesses in the UK and in France . We talk to her about how she started and of course about the stunning “Le Mas Candille” 5* hotel with its Candille Spa and Michelin starred gastronomic restaurant.
In Riviera Firefly Episode 10 Antonia talks with mumpreneur Tina Silver . Tina is originally from the UK . After school she worked in Childcare . She had a passion for tennis and these led to her setting up the Academy Health Club and Spa in Harrogate. An opportunity led to them buying a hotel “Le Mas Candille and Candille Spa” which they have transformed into a luxury 46-bedroom hotel with a Michelin-starred restaurant, in Mougins, south of France
What to expect from the programme Tina shares so much with us …
- Childhood memory ..back at school in Tiptree in Essex .. fruit picking !
- working in childcare and special needs
- How Tina moved into the Academy Health Club and Spa industry .. Tennis
- Moving from a barn to an academy spa pool creche ..still going strong 22 years later!
- If you are looking for something probably others are too .. do your research, tweak, be flexible but go for it!
- Installing small spas and gyms into hotel chains..
- Wow and How!
- Responsibility as a business owner to employees.
- Le Mas Candille .. what did you buy originally?
- Any renovating challenges .. have a good team but business can be challenging’ the swimming pool planning problem’
- Michelin Stars!! They change the menus but you can still order your favourites they are there to serve!
- After work Fridays .. go and 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. February – April wine platters of food, Free trial of some of the treatments and well being e.g. shiatsu, threading or there may be theatre. See http://www.lemascandille.com/en/hotel/le-mas-candille-events/
- Don’t be scared by the 5* hotel tag come and try out the Afternoon Teas
- Relaunching the Spa ?ESPA Sue Harmsworth is the founder.http://www.espaskincare.com/
- Family business will they be taking on the Silver Empire..
- Tips: Limone skiing ..Walk around the stunning Cap d’Antibes .. Sports Plage Plage de Midi Cannes .. St Honorat
- Beautiful region lets promote it!
- Funny customs – the end of year party
- How to meet people .. just go for it .. keep at it – it takes time..get into the community and don’t stay in the expat bubble!
- Top books: ‘Nudge’ Richard Thaler .. Jab Jab Jab Right Hook Gary Vaynerchuk recommended at the Social Media Marketing World San Diego..Magic Kingdom for Sale – Sold Terry Brooks.
- Some business tips ? don’t always sell .. use videos .. ask questions ..find your niche and find your platform .. get into storytelling.
- Mantra: Follow your dreams and don’t regret.
#cotedazurnow #cotedazurfrance #cotedazurliving
Google+ Le Mas Candille
YouTube Le Mas Candille