Nutrition | Hormone Harmony | Menopause | Peri feat. Christine Kjeldbjerg
Hormone Harmony midlife via nutrition – we get right into it in this podcast with important discussions around hormones, midlife, the menopause and this huge impactful phase in a woman’s life (and let’s be honest it impacts the whole family actually!) but it needs much more exposure and everyday discussion .
WE TALK WITH CHRISTINE KJELDBJERG
Elbert Hubbard said “When life gives you lemons make lemonade” back in 1915, I bet he would be thrilled to hear we are still doing that even in a pandemic!
I kind of feel that phrase is one of my mantras, I do try to find the silver linings in life which I know can come across as too positive sometimes but for me I guess it’s just my way of trying to rationalise events. I find them easier to deal with if I can find a reason even in the darkest of times.
It was while I was reading a book called Making Work Human I had an idea to have a LoveFest a week of thanks and gratitude and as part of that I asked Christine Kjeldbjerg a previous guest from the Firefly from back in 2017, to come and chat with my team about all things nutrition – as I think we all need a boost after the last 12 months
The timing then seemed right for us check back in here on the firefly and hear what she has been doing since we last spoke. At that point she already held a BSC in nutritional Therapy and was running a busy health and fitness coaching business, instructing Pilates and Xtend Barre. She was a busy mum with teens in the same school my son went to. Shortly after that episode she went on to complete a BSC in Personalised Nutrition and then like me some of the teens have been flying the nest.
For many that would be the moment to down shift but for Christine, who I feel is a lifelong learner and who is so passionate about nutrition, this “spare time” has been used to deep dive further into nutrition and in particular Hormone Harmony which is what we are going to talk about but also she is hugely involved in the community, a big supporter of Mimosa organising many events to raise essential funds for the cancer charities locally and also sharing her wisdom in the Riviera Insider magazine regularly.
We get right into it in this podcast with important discussions around hormone harmony and how nutrition can impace this for the better. Midlife, the menopause has a huge impact phase in a woman’s life (and let’s be honest it impacts the whole family actually!) but it needs much more exposure and everyday discussion .
Peri and menopause needs to be as easy to talk about as things like football are, which we didn’t go into this time but we did last time and you can find out why that is important to Christine on episode 24 all the way back in 2017. So no off side rule this time, hormone’s and harmony, let’s get straight into it, let’s roll!
Contact Christine Kjeldbjerg
+ 33 633 27 37 67
MSc Personalised Nutrition, BSc (Hons) Nutritional Therapy
Registered Nutritional Therapist CNHC, MBANT,
IFM Member, AFNMB member NLP Practitioner Pilates specialist, Xtend Barre & Hypervibe Instructor
Here are some of the things we chat about on the podcast
- American Dirt – Jeanine Cummins
- Making Work Human – Eric Mosley Derek Irvine
- Fenelon http://institut-fenelon.org/
- Mimosa Matters https://www.mimosamatters.org
- Flax Seed
- Drink Filtered water & Tea Kusmi WEB
- 34 symptoms of menopause https://www.ukmeds.co.uk/blog/what-are-the-34-symptoms-of-menopause
- Read : Why We sleep Matthew Walker (See his video )
- Read as a family : Me and my menopausal vagina Jane Lewis BOOK
- Julia Edgely Clean Your Beauty Routine Instagram formake your own beauty products
Christine has been catching up on:
- -The Undoing
- -And some French news – every day to boost her French
Other useful links for supplements that Christine recommends
- Choosing supplements : https://welldium.com/practitioner/dietary-supplements-how-to-choose-wisely/
- And this one https://wholefoodsmagazine.com/blog/dietary-supplement-excipients-fillers-and-binders-whats-hot-and-whats-not/
Websites for supplements
- Biogena https://www.biogena.com
- Igennus https://igennus.com
SERIES 6 – SUPPORT LOCAL
Welcome to the Riviera Firefly podcast sponsored by KidooLand your childcare solution for safe summer fun, Playgroup Kindergarten and Forest school . The Riviera Firefly is working hard with locals to help restart the economy and promote local businesses. Please do your part and get our French Economy boosted #staylocal #buylocal #supportlocal #cotedazurfrance.
Listen to some of our other episodes :
We hope you enjoy our interviews with local business owners. Do please share and comment as this helps us in google. Here are a few more episodes you might enjoy.
- Vallauris and all things kids with Enfants d’Azur
- Fitness and Nutrition in person and online with Leigh Boden
- Writing a book and enjoying Italy and Seborga with James Vasey
OUR RIVIERA FIREFLY FACEBOOK INTEREST GROUPS
- Cote d’Azur Living https://www.facebook.com/groups/cotedazurliving
- Business Support Club https://www.facebook.com/groups/fireflycocoon/
- Finding your way is a podcast for those going through some of life’s transitions and challenges as one reaches mid life ..
SPONSORED BY KIDOOLAND.
This episode was brought to you by KidooLand The Little English School on the French Riviera. Running classes and holiday camps for children age 0-16 years and workshops for grown ups too including Yoga, Pilates and conversation! In 2018 we expanded and opened The Loft a great addition to the annexe and in 2019 opened KidooVillage. 2020 saw the launch of the Academy as part of KidooLand online. Find us : Vallauris, Villeneuve Loubet Village and pop ups in Valbonne with www.kidooland.com and Online classes and courses www.kidooland.online
#anglais #stagevacances #sophiaantipolis #positiveeducation #southoffrance #bilingual #villeneuveloubet #vallauris #cotedazur #socialbubble #children #englishlearning #private #stagesvacances #international #summer #vip #kidooland #cotedazurfrance #summercamp #nutrition