Have you dreamed of writing a book ? Put off by how expensive publishing and printing a book can be ? The Firefly talks to local author James Vasey based in the Italian town Seborga just past Monte Carlo. We chat about his love for Italy and in particular Seborga and it’s Templar Knights, how his passion for Italy, travel, food wine and cooking have come together to create his first fictional novel Cooking up a Country.
James is a former regional magazine editor, entrepreneur and university lecturer, James is now an author who divides his time between homes in Northumberland and Liguria, Italy.
He was born in County Durham and obtained an MBA at Teesside University.
His inspiration for moving to Europe was Annie Hayes Extra Virgin
- The process
- How to write a book by Harry Bingham (and video tutorials)
- Publishing a book using Kindle direct publishing
- The Cover Linda McClusky
- Tips for setting about writing a book
About the book
Cooking up a Country is a romance for everyone who owns an in Italian cookbook.
Synopsis: Two damaged people from very different backgrounds are drawn together by a shared passion for food and wine. Ben is a feckless but fundamentally decent English academic on the run from his own mistakes. Alessandra is a talented but bitter Italian chef escaping her ex-partner’s stupidity. It is definitely not love at first sight. Their two worlds collide in the ancient Principality of Seborga, whose claimed independence from Italy dates back to the Knights Templar. Perched high above the azure sea of the Italian Riviera it is a community in sight of, but also in stark contrast to, its wealthier neighbour, Monaco. The forces of globalisation threaten Alessandra’s family Osteria and the community’s artisan food producers. If he is to win the woman and earn the respect of his new neighbours Ben needs a plan to help them survive.
CONTACTING OUR GUEST
OUR FACEBOOK INTEREST GROUPS
- Cote d’Azur Living https://www.facebook.com/groups/cotedazurliving
- Business Support Club https://www.facebook.com/groups/fireflycocoon/
- Culture Club Riviera https://www.facebook.com/groups/cultureclubriviera
- Teen Riviera https://www.facebook.com/groups/teenriviera/
- Home and Garden Alpes Maritimes https://www.facebook.com/groups/HomeGardenAlpesMaritimes/
- Silver Surfers & Retirees https://www.facebook.com/groups/silversurfersriviera/